Entry Level Industrial Hygiene and Safety Technician
Emilcott, the leading environmental health and safety consulting and technology firm in the metropolitan New York area, has an opening for a recent graduate with 0-3 years experience interested in learning all aspects of the EHS business. Our busy practice offers the enthusiastic, talented candidate an opportunity to gain experience and training across a broad variety of EHS engagements for both industrial and commercial facilities, as well as construction and hazardous waste sites.
We are a highly collaborative organization that values cross-training and mentorship of talent. The successful candidate will be well-organized, have excellent written and oral communication skills, work independently and have the technical education to be successful in the environmental, health and safety field.
To the qualified applicants we offer:
- Excellent benefits, including 401K, medical insurance, bonus incentive program, and tuition reimbursement
- A business model and performance goals program that promotes individual growth.
- A diverse, flexible, and supportive work environment
- No relocation pay available
- Provide technical support for client projects in all areas of EHS compliance
- Perform field tasks such as Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) investigations, Industrial Hygiene (“IH”) sampling, exposure monitoring, and Health & Safety oversight
- Provide OSHA compliance assistance and safety management at project location
- Assist with field reports and final work product – collect and provide project feedback as needed
- Provide project coordination and management support – interact with clients
- Work schedule and location varies based on client’s needs. Occasional travel into New York City and surrounding areas is often required.
- 0-3 years of experience as an IH and Safety Professional
- Basic EHS knowledge and experience in areas of construction (highly desired) and industry safety, hazardous waste, IH and/or emergency response
- BS or BA in an Applied Science, Public Health or Environmental Science
- Team player with excellent communication skills