Industrial Hygiene and Safety Manager
For 30 years, Emilcott has provided our clients with the highest levels of customer service. Our mission is to provide our clients, their employees, and the public with safe, sustainable, and productive environments. Through better technology, highly-trained and experienced staff and tested processes, we help our clients improve their operations by reducing costs, risk and hazards. For the right candidate, we offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package, generous benefits including a 401-K match program, and an incentive bonus package based on performance.
Emilcott, the leading EH&S consulting firm in the Northeast, is recruiting for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an IH and Safety Professional. Reporting to a Senior Project Manager, this individual will be responsible for providing EH&S technical support to a variety of clients, such as industrial and commercial facilities, and construction and hazardous waste sites. Working across industry groups with our Directors and Project Managers, the IH and Safety Professional would be primarily responsible for delivery of services and associated reports. As the position progresses professional responsibilities may include business development, writing proposals, budgeting, and invoicing. The successful candidate will not be afraid to roll up their sleeves. They will be detail-oriented, confident, articulate and high energy, with 3-5 years of experience within the environmental,
- Provide technical leadership to a diverse client base including large manufacturing, industrial and commercial companies in all areas of EHS compliance
- Recruit, motivate and oversee other technical experts, taking responsibility for the delivery of the highest quality client service.
- Coach, mentor and grow other EHS experts, ensuring their professional development
- Oversee and approve field reports and final work product – collect and provide project feedback as needed
- Develop and deliver EHS training courses for clients
- 5+ years of experience in the areas of industrial hygiene, occupational safety, and commercial building life safety
- Excellent communication skills, highly motivated individual
- EHS knowledge and expertise in areas of building construction and maintenance (highly desired) and industry safety, hazardous waste, IH and/or emergency response
- Work schedule and location varies based on client’s needs. As with most consultancies, evening, overnight, weekend and on-call hours are occasionally required.
- Travel into New York City and surrounding metro area is frequently required.
- BS or BA in an Applied Science, Public Health or Environmental Science, Masters Degree highly desired.
- Licensing/certifications including CIH, CSP, CHMM or other technical designation